Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Hey everyone! Welcome back, the site is back and your more than welcome to post something if you like. More details to come!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
    Who is online?
    In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 79 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:06 pm
    Latest topics
    » Wow! What will this do to the boating world?
    Mississippi River to be on National Geographic Emptyby rellison8 Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:01 pm

» Why I like to do things myself!
    Mississippi River to be on National Geographic Emptyby Cowboy Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:58 am

» New Tires
    Mississippi River to be on National Geographic Emptyby fishrman Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:35 am

» Damage at Okoboji
    Mississippi River to be on National Geographic Emptyby rellison8 Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:25 am

» Law? Boat livewell and plug?
    Mississippi River to be on National Geographic Emptyby brittlab Tue May 27, 2014 6:27 pm

» Anybody else see the article in Iowa Game & Fish?
    Mississippi River to be on National Geographic Emptyby fishrman Mon May 19, 2014 9:39 pm

» A Handful!
    Mississippi River to be on National Geographic Emptyby Chopper Thu May 15, 2014 6:06 pm

» Weather Bug!
    Mississippi River to be on National Geographic Emptyby rellison8 Wed May 14, 2014 11:43 pm

» Into the DSLR arena!!!
    Mississippi River to be on National Geographic Emptyby rellison8 Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:17 am

» bass tournament bashing article
    Mississippi River to be on National Geographic Emptyby Todd_NE Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Sponsor Links!
    BassTackleDepot.com Bass fishing lures and bass tackle.
    Weather
    Top posters
    rellison8
    Mississippi River to be on National Geographic Vote_lcapMississippi River to be on National Geographic Voting_barMississippi River to be on National Geographic Vote_rcap 
    Chopper
    Mississippi River to be on National Geographic Vote_lcapMississippi River to be on National Geographic Voting_barMississippi River to be on National Geographic Vote_rcap 
    fishrman
    Cowboy
    bustinbeaks
    brittlab
    Basshawk
    hookemhard
    hoserhawk
    Todd_NE
    Statistics
    We have 27 registered users
    The newest registered user is Upandinu

Our users have posted a total of 51282 messages in 4210 subjects
    May 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    CalendarCalendar

Mississippi River to be on National Geographic

Go down 
    +5
    fishrman
    Chopper
    poncho
    Basshawk
    rellison8
    9 posters
    AuthorMessage
    rellison8
    Admin!
    Admin!
    rellison8

Number of posts : 12143
    Job/hobbies : Manage Lumberyard/ Fishin & Wheelin
    Registration date : 2008-04-09

Mississippi River to be on National Geographic Empty
    PostSubject: Mississippi River to be on National Geographic   Mississippi River to be on National Geographic EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 8:45 am

Hey all,

Check this out. Looks like a cool deal. Be very interesting to watch these episodes. Even cooler that Bassmaster Elite series angler Steven Browning is one of the 3 dudes. I know Branden spent some time talking to him and he sure seems like a cool dude.

Check it out!
    Mississippi River Show coming up!
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.fishn4fun.net
    Basshawk
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    Basshawk

Number of posts : 2438
    Job/hobbies : Work at UIHC in Bioengineering as a BMET Sr, CBET

PostSubject: Re: Mississippi River to be on National Geographic   Mississippi River to be on National Geographic EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:03 am

I saw that. Looked pretty interesting.100 miles in a canoe, 450 miles in a jet boat and 1800 miles on a large pontoon. Bass pro must have picked up part of the tab if they are using Tracker boats.
    Back to top Go down
    poncho
    Forum Regular!
    Forum Regular!
    poncho

Number of posts : 498
    Job/hobbies : maintenance mechanic / boiler operator. Hunting and fishing,
    Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Mississippi River to be on National Geographic   Mississippi River to be on National Geographic EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:20 am

That looks pretty cool, I'll have to watch that!
    Back to top Go down
    Chopper
    Admin!
    Admin!
    Chopper

Number of posts : 6549

PostSubject: Re: Mississippi River to be on National Geographic   Mississippi River to be on National Geographic EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 11:14 am

Nice find, I'll have to try to tune in.

I never knew about the large scale replica of the river at Mud Island in Memphis. Be interesting to see if I ever make it through there. Looks pretty detailed also.
    Back to top Go down
    http://<a href="http://www.bassmaster.com&qu
    rellison8
    Admin!
    Admin!
    rellison8

PostSubject: Re: Mississippi River to be on National Geographic   Mississippi River to be on National Geographic EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 11:16 am

Yeah that replica does look cool.

I fisherman could learn a thing or two from that thing if it is still very accurate. :scratch:
    Back to top Go down
    Chopper
    Admin!
    Admin!
    Chopper

Number of posts : 6549

PostSubject: Re: Mississippi River to be on National Geographic   Mississippi River to be on National Geographic EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 11:43 am

I just had to look more into this...

Mississippi River to be on National Geographic 800px-Mud_island_river_park

Mississippi River to be on National Geographic 715662-Mud_Island-Memphis

Mississippi River to be on National Geographic 2950093-Mud_Island-Memphis

But it's only a hydraulic scale model of the lower Mississippi River from Cairo, Illinois to New Orleans. Too bad they didn't include the upper Miss.

Mississippi River to be on National Geographic Part-of-the-riverwalk

Mississippi River to be on National Geographic Excellent-detail-on-the
    Back to top Go down
    http://<a href="http://www.bassmaster.com&qu
    fishrman
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    fishrman

Number of posts : 5312
    Job/hobbies : Hunting and fishing are my primary hobbies with lots of secondary hobbies.

PostSubject: Re: Mississippi River to be on National Geographic   Mississippi River to be on National Geographic EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 12:02 pm

That is very cool!
    Back to top Go down
    Cowboy
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    Cowboy

Number of posts : 3713
    Job/hobbies : Civil Engineering/Fish and Hunt Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Mississippi River to be on National Geographic   Mississippi River to be on National Geographic EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 1:42 pm

That thing is cool, but I would think with all the flooding it would become pretty inaccurate in a short time. Somebody spent a lot of time on it, wonder how they made it?
    Back to top Go down
    bustinbeaks
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    bustinbeaks

Number of posts : 3220
    Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Mississippi River to be on National Geographic   Mississippi River to be on National Geographic EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 1:53 pm

Maybe thats what them dudes where surveying the river up here for! Gonna make a topo map of the Upper Mississippi!!!
    Back to top Go down
    Basshawk
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    Basshawk

Number of posts : 2438
    Job/hobbies : Work at UIHC in Bioengineering as a BMET Sr, CBET

PostSubject: Re: Mississippi River to be on National Geographic   Mississippi River to be on National Geographic EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 3:17 pm

Don't they have one of the upper Mississippi at the River museum in Dubuque? Haven't been there for a while. I know if they do it is not as detailed as this one.
    Back to top Go down
    Darrin
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    Darrin

Number of posts : 1413
    Job/hobbies : Machinist
    Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Mississippi River to be on National Geographic   Mississippi River to be on National Geographic EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 6:46 pm

Not sure if you guys have seen this or not, it's a trailer for the show. I've got it set to record on the dvr, should be pretty cool!

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/tv-schedule

Edit: Forgot to mention that after you click the link above you will need to choose Saturday the 3rd to watch the video happy
    Back to top Go down
    rellison8
    Admin!
    Admin!
    rellison8

PostSubject: Re: Mississippi River to be on National Geographic   Mississippi River to be on National Geographic EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:42 pm

Leave it to the pro's to even bust up a jet drive unit! lol

That thing looked like a blast while it was running. I got a buddy that has a jet drive but not with nearly that kinda ponies.

Can't wait to see the show!

Great find to D!
    Back to top Go down
    poncho
    Forum Regular!
    Forum Regular!
    poncho

Number of posts : 498
    Job/hobbies : maintenance mechanic / boiler operator. Hunting and fishing,
    Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Mississippi River to be on National Geographic   Mississippi River to be on National Geographic EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 12:00 am

watched the first episode tonight. AWESOME!!!! It's neat to see the river go from creek to big river, also the scenery of the headwaters is always neat to see. The scientist/Marine that is on this adventure has already done the entire river journey on his own, he did it on a vessel he built himself, used plastic bottles as floatation. I have the last two episodes yet to watch on the DVR.
    Back to top Go down
    fishrman
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    fishrman

Number of posts : 5312
    Job/hobbies : Hunting and fishing are my primary hobbies with lots of secondary hobbies.

PostSubject: Re: Mississippi River to be on National Geographic   Mississippi River to be on National Geographic EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 9:36 am

Great! I was trying to find something to watch last night and forgot all about it!! :shock:
    Back to top Go down
    brittlab
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    brittlab

Number of posts : 2819
    Job/hobbies : Shift Supervisor at Cargill....... fishing, hunting, camping and spending time with my dogs, family and friends

PostSubject: Re: Mississippi River to be on National Geographic   Mississippi River to be on National Geographic EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 pm

very neat. thanks for the info
    Back to top Go down
    bustinbeaks
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    bustinbeaks

Number of posts : 3220
    Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Mississippi River to be on National Geographic   Mississippi River to be on National Geographic EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 3:29 pm

Couched it for a while last night and this morning and got through all 3 episodes. Pretty cool journey, but a pretty vauge show IMO. It took them almost 6 weeks to finish the journey, but I would have never guessed that just by wathching the shows.

The scientist dude was pretty funny though, jumping out of the boat and onto floating rafts of brush, and hoping into a refridgerator that was floating down river and paddling it around for a while.

Probably would have been pretty boring if Stephen Browning wouldn't have been along with them.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mississippi River to be on National Geographic   Mississippi River to be on National Geographic Empty

Back to top Go down

Mississippi River to be on National Geographic
    Page 1 of 1