Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Hey everyone! Welcome back, the site is back and your more than welcome to post something if you like. More details to come!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
    Who is online?
    In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 79 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:06 pm
    Latest topics
    » Wow! What will this do to the boating world?
    Law? Boat livewell and plug? Emptyby rellison8 Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:01 pm

» Why I like to do things myself!
    Law? Boat livewell and plug? Emptyby Cowboy Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:58 am

» New Tires
    Law? Boat livewell and plug? Emptyby fishrman Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:35 am

» Damage at Okoboji
    Law? Boat livewell and plug? Emptyby rellison8 Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:25 am

» Law? Boat livewell and plug?
    Law? Boat livewell and plug? Emptyby brittlab Tue May 27, 2014 6:27 pm

» Anybody else see the article in Iowa Game & Fish?
    Law? Boat livewell and plug? Emptyby fishrman Mon May 19, 2014 9:39 pm

» A Handful!
    Law? Boat livewell and plug? Emptyby Chopper Thu May 15, 2014 6:06 pm

» Weather Bug!
    Law? Boat livewell and plug? Emptyby rellison8 Wed May 14, 2014 11:43 pm

» Into the DSLR arena!!!
    Law? Boat livewell and plug? Emptyby rellison8 Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:17 am

» bass tournament bashing article
    Law? Boat livewell and plug? Emptyby Todd_NE Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Sponsor Links!
    BassTackleDepot.com Bass fishing lures and bass tackle.
    Weather
    Top posters
    rellison8
    Law? Boat livewell and plug? Vote_lcapLaw? Boat livewell and plug? Voting_barLaw? Boat livewell and plug? Vote_rcap 
    Chopper
    Law? Boat livewell and plug? Vote_lcapLaw? Boat livewell and plug? Voting_barLaw? Boat livewell and plug? Vote_rcap 
    fishrman
    Cowboy
    bustinbeaks
    brittlab
    Basshawk
    hookemhard
    hoserhawk
    Todd_NE
    Statistics
    We have 27 registered users
    The newest registered user is Upandinu

Our users have posted a total of 51282 messages in 4210 subjects
    May 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    CalendarCalendar

Law? Boat livewell and plug?

Go down 
    +2
    hotrod
    fishrman
    6 posters
    AuthorMessage
    fishrman
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    fishrman

Number of posts : 5312
    Job/hobbies : Hunting and fishing are my primary hobbies with lots of secondary hobbies.
    Registration date : 2008-04-09

Law? Boat livewell and plug? Empty
    PostSubject: Law? Boat livewell and plug?   Law? Boat livewell and plug? EmptyMon May 26, 2014 8:52 pm

Friend of mine told me the DNR can and will fine you if they find you traveling down the road with your plug in your boat. That doesn't seem right to me but that is what he said. As well, he told me you can't transport your catch in a full or partially full livewell and that it has to be drained at the ramp. Anyone up to speed on this stuff?
    Back to top Go down
    hotrod
    Senior Member!
    Senior Member!
    hotrod

Number of posts : 873
    Job/hobbies : I'm a teacher, but love bass fishing, panfishing, ice fishing, and writing about the outdoors.
    Registration date : 2008-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Law? Boat livewell and plug?   Law? Boat livewell and plug? EmptyMon May 26, 2014 9:54 pm

true on all of this.

Basically, you cannot have any water in your boat as you leave the lake. Minnow bucket= EMPTY, livewells/baitwells=EMPTY, plug pulled.

This was in effect last summer, around June 1st. It is to stop the spread of invasive species...so they say.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.fishingwithtoddreed.com
    Chopper
    Admin!
    Admin!
    Chopper

Number of posts : 6549

PostSubject: Re: Law? Boat livewell and plug?   Law? Boat livewell and plug? EmptyTue May 27, 2014 8:33 am

I've heard this as well. May have even read it in the fishing regs. But I didn't hear anything about the boat plug being out, just the livewells drained.

They'll get me on the boat plug eveytime, cause I never pull it. Don't need to. And as far as that goes I rarely need to drain my livewells.
    Back to top Go down
    http://<a href="http://www.bassmaster.com&qu
    manho
    Regular Contributor!
    Regular Contributor!
    manho

Number of posts : 658
    Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Law? Boat livewell and plug?   Law? Boat livewell and plug? EmptyTue May 27, 2014 8:56 am

There was a young gal, DNR Intern, at Big Hollow yesterday talking to people about this as the pulled thier boats out. She said they officers were going to "start enforcing" this . Let's worry about overl limits and poachers instead of my drain plug. FYI - Wisconsin has had these same rules for a few years now.
    Back to top Go down
    Cowboy
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    Cowboy

Number of posts : 3713
    Job/hobbies : Civil Engineering/Fish and Hunt Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Law? Boat livewell and plug?   Law? Boat livewell and plug? EmptyTue May 27, 2014 1:43 pm

Yeah, my plug rarely gets taken out either. It's just not handy, and I never get any water. Guess I better pay more attention... matter of fact, it's in right now!
    Back to top Go down
    brittlab
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    brittlab

Number of posts : 2819
    Job/hobbies : Shift Supervisor at Cargill....... fishing, hunting, camping and spending time with my dogs, family and friends

PostSubject: Re: Law? Boat livewell and plug?   Law? Boat livewell and plug? EmptyTue May 27, 2014 6:27 pm

I pull my plug at the lake but put it right back in so I don't forget on the next trip. I will leave the livewell plug out until the next trip
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Law? Boat livewell and plug?   Law? Boat livewell and plug? Empty

Back to top Go down

Law? Boat livewell and plug?
    Page 1 of 1