Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Hey everyone! Welcome back, the site is back and your more than welcome to post something if you like. More details to come!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 79 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:06 pm
Latest topics
» Wow! What will this do to the boating world?
Why I like to do things myself! Emptyby rellison8 Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:01 pm

» Why I like to do things myself!
Why I like to do things myself! Emptyby Cowboy Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:58 am

» New Tires
Why I like to do things myself! Emptyby fishrman Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:35 am

» Damage at Okoboji
Why I like to do things myself! Emptyby rellison8 Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:25 am

» Law? Boat livewell and plug?
Why I like to do things myself! Emptyby brittlab Tue May 27, 2014 6:27 pm

» Anybody else see the article in Iowa Game & Fish?
Why I like to do things myself! Emptyby fishrman Mon May 19, 2014 9:39 pm

» A Handful!
Why I like to do things myself! Emptyby Chopper Thu May 15, 2014 6:06 pm

» Weather Bug!
Why I like to do things myself! Emptyby rellison8 Wed May 14, 2014 11:43 pm

» Into the DSLR arena!!!
Why I like to do things myself! Emptyby rellison8 Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:17 am

» bass tournament bashing article
Why I like to do things myself! Emptyby Todd_NE Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Sponsor Links!
BassTackleDepot.com Bass fishing lures and bass tackle.
Weather
Top posters
rellison8
Why I like to do things myself! Vote_lcapWhy I like to do things myself! Voting_barWhy I like to do things myself! Vote_rcap 
Chopper
Why I like to do things myself! Vote_lcapWhy I like to do things myself! Voting_barWhy I like to do things myself! Vote_rcap 
fishrman
Cowboy
bustinbeaks
brittlab
Basshawk
hookemhard
hoserhawk
Todd_NE
Statistics
We have 27 registered users
The newest registered user is Upandinu

Our users have posted a total of 51282 messages in 4210 subjects
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Why I like to do things myself!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fishrman
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
fishrman

Number of posts : 5312
Job/hobbies : Hunting and fishing are my primary hobbies with lots of secondary hobbies.
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Why I like to do things myself! Empty
PostSubject: Why I like to do things myself!   Why I like to do things myself! EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 12:00 pm

I got new tires for my 4 wheeler as the old ones were starting to show wear and were 11 years old. Anyway, I got them through the mail. Had no idea how smashed down and compressed they are when you get them like that, anyway, I went to get the fronts mounted yesterday and couldn't find anyone in Mt. P to do it so took them to Farm King in Burlington.. They charged me 10.00 to take the old ones off and 10.00 to put the new ones on (each) along with 1.50 per valve stem. My total bill was 46.00!! I argued with them a little bit about it but didn't get anywhere of course. Anyway, I get home to put them on and discover first that they put regular car tire stems in them instead of the stubby little ATV stems. The long ones like that tend to get exposed to the elements and end up breaking. I was not at all happy about that but then when I saw they mounted one of the tires backwards, I became very unhappy!! Stupid!!! It clearly is worded on the side of the tire which way the rotation is to be if you can't tell by the tread design. You can't just mount an atv tire either way, well, guess you can but they are designed for specific application that way! Anyway, I will be making another trip to Burlington sometime in the near future and they aren't going to be happy to see me!!  cry 
Back to top Go down
rellison8
Admin!
Admin!
rellison8

Number of posts : 12143
Job/hobbies : Manage Lumberyard/ Fishin & Wheelin

PostSubject: Re: Why I like to do things myself!   Why I like to do things myself! EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 8:29 pm

That sucks John but I am not surprised. I went through a similar situation when I had mine mounted after buying them off the interweb.

Very frustrating though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fishn4fun.net
fishrman
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
fishrman

Number of posts : 5312
Job/hobbies : Hunting and fishing are my primary hobbies with lots of secondary hobbies.

PostSubject: Re: Why I like to do things myself!   Why I like to do things myself! EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 8:36 pm

Well, the plot thickens. I took the two tires back and they changed one of them around for me without so much as a "sorry about that!" Anyway, I had made up my mind I was going to take the other two to the local Goodyear store who handles tires for a living. Took them there this morning and just picked them up. When I left them with the mgr. this morning I asked him if he would put one of the smaller sized stems in them and he assured me they would change the stems out for me with the smaller ones. Anyway, I get home and had just slimmed my front tires and got ready to do my rears only to find they hadn't replaced the stems at all!! They did have the tread direction right but why they didn't replace the stems I have no idea! I do know they charged me 3.00 per tire for them and were still about 15.00 cheaper than Farm King was but guess where those tires are going back to tomorrow??? I swear, I must have sucker written across my forehead somedays!
Back to top Go down
Cowboy
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
Cowboy

Number of posts : 3713
Job/hobbies : Civil Engineering/Fish and Hunt Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Why I like to do things myself!   Why I like to do things myself! EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 8:58 am

Ridiculous. One reason to find someone good and stick with them. And if they don't overcharge they are worth their weight in gold!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why I like to do things myself!   Why I like to do things myself! Empty

Back to top Go down

Why I like to do things myself!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Motorsports adventures! :: Atv Riding!-
Jump to: