Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Hey everyone! Welcome back, the site is back and your more than welcome to post something if you like. More details to come!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 79 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:06 pm
Latest topics
» Wow! What will this do to the boating world?
bass tournament bashing article - Page 2 Emptyby rellison8 Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:01 pm

» Why I like to do things myself!
bass tournament bashing article - Page 2 Emptyby Cowboy Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:58 am

» New Tires
bass tournament bashing article - Page 2 Emptyby fishrman Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:35 am

» Damage at Okoboji
bass tournament bashing article - Page 2 Emptyby rellison8 Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:25 am

» Law? Boat livewell and plug?
bass tournament bashing article - Page 2 Emptyby brittlab Tue May 27, 2014 6:27 pm

» Anybody else see the article in Iowa Game & Fish?
bass tournament bashing article - Page 2 Emptyby fishrman Mon May 19, 2014 9:39 pm

» A Handful!
bass tournament bashing article - Page 2 Emptyby Chopper Thu May 15, 2014 6:06 pm

» Weather Bug!
bass tournament bashing article - Page 2 Emptyby rellison8 Wed May 14, 2014 11:43 pm

» Into the DSLR arena!!!
bass tournament bashing article - Page 2 Emptyby rellison8 Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:17 am

» bass tournament bashing article
bass tournament bashing article - Page 2 Emptyby Todd_NE Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Sponsor Links!
BassTackleDepot.com Bass fishing lures and bass tackle.
Weather
Top posters
rellison8
bass tournament bashing article - Page 2 Vote_lcapbass tournament bashing article - Page 2 Voting_barbass tournament bashing article - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Chopper
bass tournament bashing article - Page 2 Vote_lcapbass tournament bashing article - Page 2 Voting_barbass tournament bashing article - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
fishrman
Cowboy
bustinbeaks
brittlab
Basshawk
hookemhard
hoserhawk
Todd_NE
Statistics
We have 27 registered users
The newest registered user is Upandinu

Our users have posted a total of 51282 messages in 4210 subjects
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

bass tournament bashing article

Go down 
+2
rellison8
hotrod
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
hotrod
Senior Member!
Senior Member!
hotrod

Number of posts : 873
Job/hobbies : I'm a teacher, but love bass fishing, panfishing, ice fishing, and writing about the outdoors.
Registration date : 2008-10-02

bass tournament bashing article - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bass tournament bashing article   bass tournament bashing article - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 11:02 am

If you haven't been to ISportsman lately, this topic has gone RAMPANT!!!

tounge 
Back to top Go down
http://www.fishingwithtoddreed.com
rellison8
Admin!
Admin!
rellison8

Number of posts : 12143
Job/hobbies : Manage Lumberyard/ Fishin & Wheelin
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: bass tournament bashing article   bass tournament bashing article - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 11:56 am

Wow!  I just skimmed most of that but it sounds about like a good ole IS thread.  Been a long time since I read much over there.   Looks like its still about the same.  

I wonder the last time a letter to the editor in the Gazette got this much press?  

I don't see any sort of peaceful outcome to any of it.  

Fact is bass fisherman are known to most of the outdoor world as assholes.  That is a fact.  So many of us that have done it for so long know otherwise and people that know us well know that couldn't be farther from the truth.  Doesn't change that a huge group of people in the outdoors believes we are assholes.  So be it.  

Perfect example.  My wife (who is a bartender most of you know) who's life largely revolves around the local gossip going on or listening to people vent while they have a cold one.   Has come home to me on several occasions and said,  "Had an interesting conversation today, couple guys came in or a group and were talking about a fishing trip they took, or vacation or just that they had just come off the river."  She always gets in on these conversations, (she gets in on most conversations period though lol).  Guys start talking about fishing and next thing you know the conversation turns to someone they seen bass fishing, or a bass boat blasting past them in there little jon boat, or being on there favorite crappie tree or whatever.   Then it happens  "Those bass fisherman are the biggest f'in asshole peices of chit bla bla bla bla bla!  With there fancy boats and tournaments and so on and so forth."  My wife just listens and continues on with the conversation and then goes on about how she loves to fish, spends countless hours on the water and traveling around for her husband to fish and so on and so forth.   Then the question comes out.  "What do you guys fish for?"  Her response "BASS, my husband fishes tournaments and I have fished a few with him!"  mr green   She then proceeds to explain to them about the great people we have met via hawgz, f4f, and tournament fishing and traveling around to do (granted not all of them are bass fisherman but many are).  About them offering up anything to help a fellow angler, about people you didn't know a couple days ago and now you are life long friends because of bass fishing, about them buying you a drink or the food off there table (which fits perfectly while these fools are sitting at the bar, they can relate) and just about the truly genuine people that bass fisherman truly are and how if those that didn't do it would give them a chance instead of in a lot of ways be jealous or believe that bass fisherman think of themselves as "celebrities" because that is how too many people view bass fisherman and tournaments.  They might actually become bass fisherman themselves.    

It generally makes her day.  They generally shut up quick, try and figure out how to get back on the good side of the bartender (buying her a drink or whatever, cause no one wants to be in a bar where they are on the bad side of a bartender) and that is that.   Its funny, funny chit!    

Its also funny when you walk into a bar, restaurant, or any place really wearing a fishing jersey.  All of a sudden everyone gravitates to you.  They want to talk about "did you have a tournament?"  "No I just wear this thing every day!"  "how was the fishing?" "how did you finish?" "how many boats?" "where was it?" Just giving you the third degree.  Which is fine.  Other than these are the same people that otherwise would likely shun the "bass boats" and "tournament fisherman" in a different peer group or conversation setting.   Going back to that almost "celebrity" status.  They want to know where you all fish, how much money you make doing it and just all this crap trying to figure out if your indeed a celebrity and someone they should gloat to there friends about that they met at the bar today or whatever.  What a flippin joke! sad   I bet some of these same "bass haters" were down getting autographs from the "pro's" when they came to town.  

So what, we're assholes!!!!!  Get over it!  mr green   One less fool that can try and convince me to by him a beer or do something nice for him.  I know I'm over it. happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.fishn4fun.net
hotrod
Senior Member!
Senior Member!
hotrod

Number of posts : 873
Job/hobbies : I'm a teacher, but love bass fishing, panfishing, ice fishing, and writing about the outdoors.
Registration date : 2008-10-02

PostSubject: Re: bass tournament bashing article   bass tournament bashing article - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 12:36 pm

rellison8 wrote:

It generally makes her day.  They generally shut up quick, try and figure out how to get back on the good side of the bartender (buying her a drink or whatever, cause no one wants to be in a bar where they are on the bad side of a bartender) and that is that.   Its funny, funny chit!    
That is FUNNY, but soooo true!!!! dancin 

This is one that really gets me. The following situation happens a lot when I visit the upper pools. IMAGINE:
- idling down a backwater/slough behind a jonboat or other boat

- this boat waves at another panfisherman, perhaps fishing a brushpile, and the brushpile anglers wave back

- a few seconds later (i was idling right behind the other anglers) i past the same anglers fishing the same brushpile and wave, nothing, not even a head nod....

R U F'IN KIDDING ME!!!!!????? Because i have a bass boat, I'm a bad guy. Learned this a long time ago, but still gets to me. sad 

It happens so frequently, that my partner Trent and I joke about it all the time. We will wave to the panfisherman, and nothing. So we always just say to each other..."Not even a head nod!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.fishingwithtoddreed.com
rellison8
Admin!
Admin!
rellison8

Number of posts : 12143
Job/hobbies : Manage Lumberyard/ Fishin & Wheelin

PostSubject: Re: bass tournament bashing article   bass tournament bashing article - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 12:46 pm

hotrod wrote:
rellison8 wrote:

This is one that really gets me.  The following situation happens a lot when I visit the upper pools. IMAGINE:

- this boat waves at another panfisherman, perhaps fishing a brushpile, and the brushpile anglers wave back

- a few seconds later (i was idling right behind the other anglers) i past the same anglers fishing the same brushpile and wave, nothing, not even a head nod....

R U F'IN KIDDING ME!!!!!?????  Because i have a bass boat, I'm a bad guy.  Learned this a long time ago, but still gets to me.  sad 

It happens so frequently, that my partner Trent and I joke about it all the time.  We will wave to the panfisherman, and nothing.  So we always just say to each other..."Not even a head nod!"
Yep, I have seen many of the same reactions. You will get a wave now and then but its generally from the pleasure boaters not the panfishing crowd. Only time pleasure boaters give you a dirty look is when there loud ass exhaust on there wide open Baja gets blown right past by a bass boat while they were trying to gloat to there friends about how fast it is. rof 
Back to top Go down
http://www.fishn4fun.net
fishrman
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
fishrman

Number of posts : 5312
Job/hobbies : Hunting and fishing are my primary hobbies with lots of secondary hobbies.

PostSubject: Re: bass tournament bashing article   bass tournament bashing article - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 1:05 pm

hotrod wrote:
rellison8 wrote:

This is one that really gets me.  The following situation happens a lot when I visit the upper pools. IMAGINE:

R U F'IN KIDDING ME!!!!!?????  Because i have a bass boat, I'm a bad guy.  Learned this a long time ago, but still gets to me.  sad 

It happens so frequently, that my partner Trent and I joke about it all the time.  We will wave to the panfisherman, and nothing.  So we always just say to each other..."Not even a head nod!"
Well, like I said before, "It's all about me!" They don't want to acknowledge you because that is what 90% of the people are about these days. Ok, maybe not 90%.
Back to top Go down
Todd_NE
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
Todd_NE

Number of posts : 1453
Job/hobbies : Healthcare Administration
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: bass tournament bashing article   bass tournament bashing article - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 9:23 pm

My guess is if you look hard enough this guy got his ass kicked in a tourney way back when.

Too funny on Bonnie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reelwalleye.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bass tournament bashing article   bass tournament bashing article - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

bass tournament bashing article
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2