Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Hey everyone! Welcome back, the site is back and your more than welcome to post something if you like. More details to come!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 79 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:06 pm
Latest topics
» Wow! What will this do to the boating world?
Mega Cheater busted Emptyby rellison8 Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:01 pm

» Why I like to do things myself!
Mega Cheater busted Emptyby Cowboy Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:58 am

» New Tires
Mega Cheater busted Emptyby fishrman Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:35 am

» Damage at Okoboji
Mega Cheater busted Emptyby rellison8 Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:25 am

» Law? Boat livewell and plug?
Mega Cheater busted Emptyby brittlab Tue May 27, 2014 6:27 pm

» Anybody else see the article in Iowa Game & Fish?
Mega Cheater busted Emptyby fishrman Mon May 19, 2014 9:39 pm

» A Handful!
Mega Cheater busted Emptyby Chopper Thu May 15, 2014 6:06 pm

» Weather Bug!
Mega Cheater busted Emptyby rellison8 Wed May 14, 2014 11:43 pm

» Into the DSLR arena!!!
Mega Cheater busted Emptyby rellison8 Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:17 am

» bass tournament bashing article
Mega Cheater busted Emptyby Todd_NE Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Sponsor Links!
BassTackleDepot.com Bass fishing lures and bass tackle.
Weather
Top posters
rellison8
Mega Cheater busted Vote_lcapMega Cheater busted Voting_barMega Cheater busted Vote_rcap 
Chopper
Mega Cheater busted Vote_lcapMega Cheater busted Voting_barMega Cheater busted Vote_rcap 
fishrman
Cowboy
bustinbeaks
brittlab
Basshawk
hookemhard
hoserhawk
Todd_NE
Statistics
We have 27 registered users
The newest registered user is Upandinu

Our users have posted a total of 51282 messages in 4210 subjects
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Mega Cheater busted

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Todd_NE
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
Todd_NE

Number of posts : 1453
Job/hobbies : Healthcare Administration
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Mega Cheater busted Empty
PostSubject: Mega Cheater busted   Mega Cheater busted EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 9:45 am

http://www.bassfan.com/news_article.asp?id=3679

Full article on Bass Fan plus more there and other places.

Nevada Authorities Looking Into Allegations

Thursday, July 22, 2010

WON Bass authorities are working with their legal team to determine their next course of action against Mike Hart.

Cheating scandals most often occur at local- and regional-level events, which is perhaps why yesterday's events at the WON Bass U.S. Open continue to shock and amaze anglers across the country.

At the Open, WON Bass accused Winnetka, Calif. pro Mike Hart of cheating and banned him for life from all WON Bass competition. If true, the scandal marks the first time in several years that an angler at such a high level of competition was accused of cheating.

Paul Tormanen was arrested in 2005 at the Red River Bassmaster Central Open and charged with felony contest fraud. He later pleaded guilty to the charges, admitted he tied fish to stumps, and was sentenced to 2 years probation and ordered to pay fines and court costs totaling $588.50. Tormanen was also ordered to pay $3,000 in restitution to BASS and perform 120 hours of community service through an approved wildlife and fisheries organization.

In 2004, Tony Christian was DQd from consecutive FLW Tour events. FLW Outdoors failed to provide specifics about the consecutive DQs, other than to cite the rules under which Christian was DQd, but the lack of information from the league fueled rampant public speculation that cheating might have been involved.

The fact that a cheating scandal occurred at the U.S. Open is nonetheless shocking, given the high-profile nature of the event and the close-knit relationships shared by western pros. The effects continue to ripple through the sport....

Back to top Go down
http://www.reelwalleye.com
bustinbeaks
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
bustinbeaks

Number of posts : 3220
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Mega Cheater busted   Mega Cheater busted EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 9:51 am

I have been following this story too. What a crying shame.

I say he has done it before, given the fact that he tied hooks to the weights as well.
Back to top Go down
Todd_NE
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
Todd_NE

PostSubject: Re: Mega Cheater busted   Mega Cheater busted EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:05 am

The interesting thing to follow now will be the partner. They won what, 6 out of 7 team tourneys recently.

I did a MWC Devils Lake walleye tourney years ago. Great run tourneys.

It was there first time on Devils Lake.

A local team had won something like SEVEN tourneys in a row on the lake.

Instead of getting in a pissing match with the anglers when then entered the MWC, the MWC informed them the morning of the tournament they were going to have a camera guy and a follow boat with a camera because they were obviously the hottest team around and it would make for good TV.

They were hottttttttt. Threatened to sue, etc. MWC just said, you signed the entry form that says we can do this. Period.

I knew the insides of it and the fact the MWC had suspicions.

I can't remember their names but even I beat them with a blown motor on day 2:) I heard they pretty much went away after that. Everyone, right or wrong, thought they had done wrong.

I had some problems with a partner once who wanted to do some things. Later, not fishing w/me, he was busted by CO's during a tourney. He then claimed the charges were dropped but a friend was a Probation Officer, he produced the copies of the fine levied, etc and I sent that to the association board. He's fished a little bit since then, but not much.

Back to top Go down
bustinbeaks
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
bustinbeaks

Number of posts : 3220
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Mega Cheater busted   Mega Cheater busted EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:56 am

There was a couple guys that got popped up here back in 2001. Not a good way to win any friends, thats for sure!

http://www.rayscott.net/news/bob/cheater.html
Back to top Go down
Todd_NE
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
Todd_NE

PostSubject: Re: Mega Cheater busted   Mega Cheater busted EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 12:18 pm

Some more good uns
http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/fishing/news/story?id=2870012
http://www.fishingbuddy.com/cheater_caught_in_bass_tourny
http://www.bassfan.com/news_article.asp?ID=1534

Just sad.

The one I remember but couldn't find was a guy that had fish tied to stumps and then used Ratltraps to snag them. That was the slickest cheater I'd ever heard of.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mega Cheater busted   Mega Cheater busted Empty

Back to top Go down

Mega Cheater busted
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Outdoor news! :: Outdoor news!-
Jump to: