Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Hey everyone! Welcome back, the site is back and your more than welcome to post something if you like. More details to come!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 79 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:06 pm
Latest topics
» Wow! What will this do to the boating world?
Mushrooms? Any reports? Emptyby rellison8 Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:01 pm

» Why I like to do things myself!
Mushrooms? Any reports? Emptyby Cowboy Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:58 am

» New Tires
Mushrooms? Any reports? Emptyby fishrman Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:35 am

» Damage at Okoboji
Mushrooms? Any reports? Emptyby rellison8 Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:25 am

» Law? Boat livewell and plug?
Mushrooms? Any reports? Emptyby brittlab Tue May 27, 2014 6:27 pm

» Anybody else see the article in Iowa Game & Fish?
Mushrooms? Any reports? Emptyby fishrman Mon May 19, 2014 9:39 pm

» A Handful!
Mushrooms? Any reports? Emptyby Chopper Thu May 15, 2014 6:06 pm

» Weather Bug!
Mushrooms? Any reports? Emptyby rellison8 Wed May 14, 2014 11:43 pm

» Into the DSLR arena!!!
Mushrooms? Any reports? Emptyby rellison8 Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:17 am

» bass tournament bashing article
Mushrooms? Any reports? Emptyby Todd_NE Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Sponsor Links!
BassTackleDepot.com Bass fishing lures and bass tackle.
Weather
Top posters
rellison8
Mushrooms? Any reports? Vote_lcapMushrooms? Any reports? Voting_barMushrooms? Any reports? Vote_rcap 
Chopper
Mushrooms? Any reports? Vote_lcapMushrooms? Any reports? Voting_barMushrooms? Any reports? Vote_rcap 
fishrman
Cowboy
bustinbeaks
brittlab
Basshawk
hookemhard
hoserhawk
Todd_NE
Statistics
We have 27 registered users
The newest registered user is Upandinu

Our users have posted a total of 51282 messages in 4210 subjects
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Mushrooms? Any reports?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fishrman
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
fishrman

Number of posts : 5312
Job/hobbies : Hunting and fishing are my primary hobbies with lots of secondary hobbies.
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Mushrooms? Any reports? Empty
PostSubject: Mushrooms? Any reports?   Mushrooms? Any reports? EmptyWed May 01, 2013 10:21 pm

I really knew I should have gone fishin today but I just had to believe I could find a few mushrooms at this late date. I was almost wrong! cry
I found 3 greys! The woods still look like mid April and believe this or not, we need some moisture on top to make them push through. That is my opinion. Nothing beats a good rain with the ground temps up. I know we had plenty of rain but came at the wrong time and now is below the surface to far.
If we get some rain this next day or two, that should help push some through but I probably won't go out again for at least a week again. It could be a great year if we get the moisture coming soon, otherwise, it is going to be not so great.
On a side note, I found a little note in the woods tied to a blue ribbon type string that said the following:
Launched in Celebration of National Nursing Home Week From Wathena Healtchare & Rehabilitation, Wathena Kansas. Please call us if you finthis ballon 785-989-3141 or email actwathena@skleedhc.com, Please note the residents name on the back of this card.

Well, I didn't find a name on the back and I have no idea when it was launched but it appears it could have been last year or maybe even the year before. I didn't find any remnants of the balloon. Hard to believe it traveled all the way to my farm from Kansas. (Maybe it was from Dorothy)
Back to top Go down
Cowboy
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
Cowboy

Number of posts : 3713
Job/hobbies : Civil Engineering/Fish and Hunt Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Mushrooms? Any reports?   Mushrooms? Any reports? EmptyWed May 01, 2013 10:39 pm

I went out and looked yesterday, you found three more than I did. I would agree, even though we had all that rain, other than the bottoms every thing seemed a little bit dry. Sounds like we are going to get the moisture, hopefully it will warm up afterwards to get them popping. I haven't heard much for good reports, other than I know Corey found a few that were decent sized yellows.
Pretty cool about the balloon, did you check the website?
Back to top Go down
fishrman
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
fishrman

Job/hobbies : Hunting and fishing are my primary hobbies with lots of secondary hobbies.

PostSubject: Re: Mushrooms? Any reports?   Mushrooms? Any reports? EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:43 am

I sent the nursing home an email letting them know where I found it. I checked and they are about 250 miles away just west of St. Joseph, Missouri. Of course, that made me wonder if the released the baloon just before the tornado came through last year down there. Be interesting to see if they reply and let me know when they released it.
Almost forgot, I also saw something I don't see everyday yesterday. I couldn't get my camera out to get a picture of it before it got away from me but it was a Scarlet Tanager. I just don't see them that often but when I do, it is always memorable. Toss up for me which is prettier, Scarlet Tanager or Indigo Bunting.
Here is the Scarlet Tanager:
Mushrooms? Any reports? ScarletTanager-Vyn_080509_0009
Back to top Go down
rellison8
Admin!
Admin!
rellison8

Number of posts : 12143
Job/hobbies : Manage Lumberyard/ Fishin & Wheelin

PostSubject: Re: Mushrooms? Any reports?   Mushrooms? Any reports? EmptyThu May 02, 2013 9:41 am

I have heard of some being found. Seen a few pics on fb. No giant hauls though. Maybe a dozen or two here and there. Mostly in river bottoms that were flooded a couple weeks back and now exposed so they have more moisture than the general soil I would guess.

I don't hunt them, or eat them, so nothing first hand.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fishn4fun.net
Chopper
Admin!
Admin!
Chopper

Number of posts : 6549

PostSubject: Re: Mushrooms? Any reports?   Mushrooms? Any reports? EmptyFri May 03, 2013 11:29 pm

Thats an awesome bird John. I'm always checking out new birds and looking them up if I don't know what they are. I always like to watch Indigo buntings as well, and the orioles should be around shortly too. (another fav, I'd like to get one of their basket nests someday)

No morels here. I haven't been out, but a few have been found, just not enough good reports for me yet. I'll go look for things I know are there, and wait til the gettin is good on the fungi.
Back to top Go down
http://<a href="http://www.bassmaster.com&qu
fishrman
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
fishrman

PostSubject: Re: Mushrooms? Any reports?   Mushrooms? Any reports? EmptySat May 04, 2013 7:56 pm

Well, with this rain, the reports are going to start coming in!!
My daughter just called to let me know she took her little ones out to a spot that is basically "her" spot for the last few years. I made the mistake of showing her one of mine and she almost always beats me to it now! cry Oh well, I have a few more. happy Anyway, that is the very same spot that I found 3 at on Weds. and she found 25 today! We all will be hearing of lots of mushrooms being found this next week.
Back to top Go down
fishrman
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
fishrman

PostSubject: Re: Mushrooms? Any reports?   Mushrooms? Any reports? EmptySat May 04, 2013 10:18 pm

Well, update! My other daughter just called to let me know that she and her little family just brought in 197 mushrooms!!! I just as well stay home!
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Admin!
Admin!
Chopper

PostSubject: Re: Mushrooms? Any reports?   Mushrooms? Any reports? EmptySat May 04, 2013 10:34 pm

I figured it was time, weather was perfect today. We hung at my parents and dodged raindrops.. Fish for a bit, then head to the house, fish then to the house. Got an inch of rain just this afternoon while we were there. Got to watch a good Kentucky Derby though, might go look for mushrooms tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
fishrman
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
fishrman

PostSubject: Re: Mushrooms? Any reports?   Mushrooms? Any reports? EmptySat May 04, 2013 10:53 pm

Ya, I am thinking I need to get out again now too before my kids pick them all and my gkids step on them all! happy
I watched the Derby too.
We ended up with almost 2 and 3/4 inches since yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Admin!
Admin!
Chopper

PostSubject: Re: Mushrooms? Any reports?   Mushrooms? Any reports? EmptySun May 05, 2013 8:16 am

Yeah, I dumped 2 inches out of dads gauge when I got there. The rivers didn't need this...
Back to top Go down
rellison8
Admin!
Admin!
rellison8

PostSubject: Re: Mushrooms? Any reports?   Mushrooms? Any reports? EmptySun May 05, 2013 9:13 am

3 1/4" in West Point. Just caught up with the rain north of St Louis but at least the fog is gone.
Back to top Go down
fishrman
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
fishrman

PostSubject: Re: Mushrooms? Any reports?   Mushrooms? Any reports? EmptyMon May 06, 2013 8:37 am

Well, I can't keep up with my daughters! One went out and found another bread sack full and the other went to her husbands Dads farm. She said he took the one gdaughter and she took the gson, both went different directions. One found 163 and the other 162. That is a pretty good haul. 325 found after 5:00 PM yesterday.
Back to top Go down
fishrman
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
fishrman

PostSubject: Re: Mushrooms? Any reports?   Mushrooms? Any reports? EmptyMon May 06, 2013 8:59 pm

I should post up some pics but I am beat after just getting in from an afternoon of mushrooming.
I didn't kill them but I can say they are out and ready to be found. I ended the afternoon with 149. A mixture of greys and yellows. Will try to post up a pic. or two later.
Back to top Go down
fishrman
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
fishrman

PostSubject: Re: Mushrooms? Any reports?   Mushrooms? Any reports? EmptyTue May 07, 2013 6:52 pm

First one is a Tree Frog. I think they are a neat little animal. The rest are just mushrooms. I enjoy finding them and when you have your sack full and have to take off your hat to fill it up, well, the only thing that would be better is having to take your shirt off and making a sack out of it. Been there, done that! happy
Mushrooms? Any reports? P1040610
-
Mushrooms? Any reports? P1040611
-
Mushrooms? Any reports? P1040613
-
I love it when they are about the size of a 5.00 bill!
Mushrooms? Any reports? P1040614

-
Mushrooms? Any reports? P1040615

And then there was Mother and her little one I had to get a pic of.
Mushrooms? Any reports? P1040616
And when my sack was getting a little full, I decided it was time for the hat.
Mushrooms? Any reports? P1040617
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Admin!
Admin!
Chopper

PostSubject: Re: Mushrooms? Any reports?   Mushrooms? Any reports? EmptyTue May 07, 2013 9:47 pm

Looks nice John, I still haven't found any. Buddy went to one if our spots today and only found a dozen.
Back to top Go down
Cowboy
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
Cowboy

Number of posts : 3713
Job/hobbies : Civil Engineering/Fish and Hunt Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Mushrooms? Any reports?   Mushrooms? Any reports? EmptyTue May 07, 2013 10:11 pm

I'm dying here, might have to play hooky from work. Beautiful pictures.
Back to top Go down
bustinbeaks
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
bustinbeaks

Number of posts : 3220
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Mushrooms? Any reports?   Mushrooms? Any reports? EmptyWed May 08, 2013 10:28 am

Went out and setup a turkey blind last night, and did some looking around.

Only thing we found were ticks. sad
Back to top Go down
fishrman
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
fishrman

PostSubject: Re: Mushrooms? Any reports?   Mushrooms? Any reports? EmptyWed May 08, 2013 6:50 pm

Hmmm, guess I better not talk about the ones I found this afternoon then. whistling
Maybe they just haven't started around Muscatine yet. think
It is a weird year. I have a nephew that lives down by Springfield, Mo. and he just posted some big yellows he found a couple of days ago. I would have thought they would have been done down there for sure.
Back to top Go down
fishrman
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
fishrman

PostSubject: Re: Mushrooms? Any reports?   Mushrooms? Any reports? EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:00 pm

Well, had another fun adventure this afternoon.
Mushrooms? Any reports? P1040618
----
Mushrooms? Any reports? P1040620
-
Ya, I know I am showing off! happy
Mushrooms? Any reports? P1040621
----
Mushrooms? Any reports? P1040622
Then, as I was walking out of the woods over a little creek I found this. For those of you who don't know, I am an avid indian relic collector. It is far from perfect but helped finish off my day of tromping around just fine.
Mushrooms? Any reports? P1040623
-
Mushrooms? Any reports? P1040624
--
Mushrooms? Any reports? P1040625
Back to top Go down
fishrman
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
fishrman

PostSubject: Re: Mushrooms? Any reports?   Mushrooms? Any reports? EmptyMon May 13, 2013 8:34 am

Just to let anyone know that is still interested. They have to be coming on north of here good by now! Son picked up 293 after 5:30 PM yesterday. The wind the day before was starting to dry them out so you need to get out there.
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Admin!
Admin!
Chopper

PostSubject: Re: Mushrooms? Any reports?   Mushrooms? Any reports? EmptyTue May 14, 2013 9:03 pm

That looks like a big arrowhead! If you couldn't see that one you had to be blind! lol

I've been working shutdown and had a ballgame after work, then Gunner and I looked behind the house for a little bit and found half a bag, some big as a beer can.
Back to top Go down
bustinbeaks
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
bustinbeaks

Number of posts : 3220
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Mushrooms? Any reports?   Mushrooms? Any reports? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:23 am

Got in amongst em on Monday night. Craziest thing I've ever seen. half of what we found came from shin high grass. They were not poking through the grass either, had to crawl and pick through the grass to find them.
Yes.....these is a morel mushroom in this pic.......2 actually.

Mushrooms? Any reports? 20130513_184743_zpsfa2cea0a

a nice cluster bomb

Mushrooms? Any reports? 20130513_181252_zpsc778669e

Mushrooms? Any reports? IMG_20130514_131033_zpsbbb18d60
Back to top Go down
fishrman
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
fishrman

PostSubject: Re: Mushrooms? Any reports?   Mushrooms? Any reports? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:37 am

I knew it was just a matter of time before you guys would be finding them north of here! Look like dandies!
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Admin!
Admin!
Chopper

PostSubject: Re: Mushrooms? Any reports?   Mushrooms? Any reports? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 12:48 pm

Went out this morning to my hotspot.

Mushrooms? Any reports? 2013-05-15074739_zpse0917cdd

Mushrooms? Any reports? 2013-05-15104852_zpsf4e52d70

Mushrooms? Any reports? 2013-05-15104911_zpse63620b6
Back to top Go down
rellison8
Admin!
Admin!
rellison8

PostSubject: Re: Mushrooms? Any reports?   Mushrooms? Any reports? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 12:55 pm

I really should go out and find some for my wife some time. She'd pay big money to have some and never gets any cause I don't eat them.

A nicer guy would go find some for her. Me, I'll probably just go fishing. eek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mushrooms? Any reports?   Mushrooms? Any reports? Empty

Back to top Go down

Mushrooms? Any reports?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Outdoor news! :: Outdoor news!-
Jump to: