Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Hey everyone! Welcome back, the site is back and your more than welcome to post something if you like. More details to come!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 79 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:06 pm
Latest topics
» Wow! What will this do to the boating world?
Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. Emptyby rellison8 Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:01 pm

» Why I like to do things myself!
Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. Emptyby Cowboy Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:58 am

» New Tires
Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. Emptyby fishrman Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:35 am

» Damage at Okoboji
Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. Emptyby rellison8 Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:25 am

» Law? Boat livewell and plug?
Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. Emptyby brittlab Tue May 27, 2014 6:27 pm

» Anybody else see the article in Iowa Game & Fish?
Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. Emptyby fishrman Mon May 19, 2014 9:39 pm

» A Handful!
Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. Emptyby Chopper Thu May 15, 2014 6:06 pm

» Weather Bug!
Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. Emptyby rellison8 Wed May 14, 2014 11:43 pm

» Into the DSLR arena!!!
Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. Emptyby rellison8 Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:17 am

» bass tournament bashing article
Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. Emptyby Todd_NE Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Sponsor Links!
BassTackleDepot.com Bass fishing lures and bass tackle.
Weather
Top posters
rellison8
Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. Vote_lcapWell, I guess we are going to own a campground. Voting_barWell, I guess we are going to own a campground. Vote_rcap 
Chopper
Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. Vote_lcapWell, I guess we are going to own a campground. Voting_barWell, I guess we are going to own a campground. Vote_rcap 
fishrman
Cowboy
bustinbeaks
brittlab
Basshawk
hookemhard
hoserhawk
Todd_NE
Statistics
We have 27 registered users
The newest registered user is Upandinu

Our users have posted a total of 51282 messages in 4210 subjects
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.

Go down 
+7
Todd_NE
Hymes Inc.
Cowboy
Chopper
hookemhard
Darrin
rellison8
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rellison8
Admin!
Admin!
rellison8

Number of posts : 12143
Job/hobbies : Manage Lumberyard/ Fishin & Wheelin
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. Empty
PostSubject: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 5:39 pm

Hey all,

Well not us exactly, but our family.

Bonnie's brother Darrin and her Dad Warren (which several of you know) have decided to buy a campground and lake that is adjacent to there farming property. It is known as Wally World in FM if anyone has herd of it. They have already got the deal done on the timber ground and shelter house/ktichen/rec room deal. Just waiting for the sale of the campground sites and the lake to be released and then they will be buying it also.
Looking forward to it. Could be a great place for us to have an outing. Prices should be right. happy Sounds like they are going to do some renovation and of coarse I will get involved in making the lake as good as it can be. Its not a big lake but it does have a nice boat ramp and bass, crappie, gills and cats in it now. Bonnie's sister that moved back from AZ is going to run it the way it sounds. Should be a cool adventure.

If anyone remembers during the Elite series event when the storms rolled through in practice and a couple of giant tree's fell on a couple of the guys boats. That was the campground.

So stay tuned. Should make for another good ice fishing spot too. :woo_hoo:
Back to top Go down
http://www.fishn4fun.net
Darrin
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
Darrin

Number of posts : 1413
Job/hobbies : Machinist
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 5:44 pm

That sounds awesome!
Back to top Go down
hookemhard
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
hookemhard

Number of posts : 2235
Job/hobbies : Hunting and Fishing are my hobbies. In my spare time I work as a Product Manager.
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 5:53 pm

Is it one of those private campgrounds where you have to be a member? Like that place north of West Point we talked about.

That all sounds like a pretty cool deal. Hope everything works out OK, and it becomes a profitable venture! :dollar:

If you are over that way, take a few pictures of the place and lake and post them up. Would be cool to see. That would make a pretty good outing place, with both that lake and the river right there.
Back to top Go down
rellison8
Admin!
Admin!
rellison8

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 6:04 pm

hookemhard wrote:
Is it one of those private campgrounds where you have to be a member? Like that place north of West Point we talked about.

That all sounds like a pretty cool deal. Hope everything works out OK, and it becomes a profitable venture! :dollar:

If you are over that way, take a few pictures of the place and lake and post them up. Would be cool to see. That would make a pretty good outing place, with both that lake and the river right there.

I will get some pics as soon as we get to run down and look things over. I have been back to it but its been a while and I really don't remember a lot about it.

Yes, before this it was private and you had to be a member. Not going to be that way now. It is going to be open to public. Park has around 20 sites with electric right now. No water at every site but several places to get water on the grounds. Also has a completely inside shelter/dining area. With a full working kitchen. So if it was cold or bad weather or we were having an outing we would have a great place to do our cooking and gathering.

Also has a ramp to the river very close by. Only thing is the water would have to be at at least normal pool or a little higher to use it. Cause it is very close to "the ditch" area you have heard us talk about. Trav may have even noticed the ramp when coming in or out of the ditch. Its more made for duck hunters and mudd motors though cause your pretty much launching right into a giant lilly pad field. I have launched my boat from it though and the ramp has decent slope.

Also, again we have tons of wheelin trails in the area and can get all the way back to where Becky and Warren live via our trail system. So wheelin is always an option for entertainment at this campground too. Warren pretty much owns every lick of ground from town to the river to there house and this campground is right in the middle of it.
Back to top Go down
hookemhard
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
hookemhard

Number of posts : 2235
Job/hobbies : Hunting and Fishing are my hobbies. In my spare time I work as a Product Manager.
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 6:13 pm

rellison8 wrote:

Also, again we have tons of wheelin trails in the area and can get all the way back to where Becky and Warren live via our trail system. So wheelin is always an option for entertainment at this campground too. Warren pretty much owns every lick of ground from town to the river to there house and this campground is right in the middle of it.

That would be sweet!!
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Admin!
Admin!
Chopper

Number of posts : 6549

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 6:14 pm

Awesome!

Be fun managing the lake too. Hope it works out well.
Back to top Go down
http://<a href="http://www.bassmaster.com&qu
Cowboy
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
Cowboy

Number of posts : 3713
Job/hobbies : Civil Engineering/Fish and Hunt Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 6:15 pm

Sounds cool Randy, you will have your own playground and lake! Now, you gonna be the park ranger in charge of stopping people from keeping big bass?? :D
Back to top Go down
rellison8
Admin!
Admin!
rellison8

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 6:34 pm

Cowboy wrote:
Sounds cool Randy, you will have your own playground and lake! Now, you gonna be the park ranger in charge of stopping people from keeping big bass?? :D

Well, I will wait and see about the lake once I get a better idea of what is really in it for fish and the size. I'd like to set it up 100% catch and release on any bass. However there is no guarantee that would be good for the lake.

I will figure something out though.

Far as how this will play out as I see it. I predict this will become a Hoenig family hang out more than anything. Yes it will have camping for the public and such but for the most part I just see the Hoenig family using it as a place for everyone to gather and get away from things. Several of there friends have campers and I know Warren. He did not buy this place with any interest in making much money on it. It will just be nice to have as a place for the family to gather and have fun, camp, go riding, on the river and this and that. He would have never made this investment if it was about money.

Warren may be one of the roughest, drunkest farmers any of you have ever met. However, when it comes to business, he is as good as anyone I have ever known at getting something for nothing and turning it into big $$$$$. Unless it is just for his family and fun, and that's what I see this as. He blew the money on this deal cause he had it blow, I am sure of it.
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Admin!
Admin!
Chopper

Number of posts : 6549

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 6:37 pm

Nothing Wrong with that! Should be easier to manage that way.
Back to top Go down
http://<a href="http://www.bassmaster.com&qu
Hymes Inc.
Regular Contributor!
Regular Contributor!
Hymes Inc.

Number of posts : 625
Job/hobbies : CNC Operator/fishing
Registration date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 7:22 pm

I have never heard of this place but look forward to seeing it.
Back to top Go down
rellison8
Admin!
Admin!
rellison8

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 7:38 pm

Hymes Inc. wrote:
I have never heard of this place but look forward to seeing it.

You never heard of it and you live in FM. WTF!!!

Its down past the old Gaylord Construction shop. Pretty sure you know where that is. It was the old Izzak Walton Club once upon a time. They built a new one of them I don't how many years ago.
Back to top Go down
Todd_NE
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
Todd_NE

Number of posts : 1453
Job/hobbies : Healthcare Administration
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 8:57 pm

Sweet Father in Law!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reelwalleye.com
fishrman
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
fishrman

Number of posts : 5312
Job/hobbies : Hunting and fishing are my primary hobbies with lots of secondary hobbies.

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 9:50 pm

Sounds perfect on lots of levels for you and the family! I just can't wrap my brain around where it is. Don't think I have ever seen it. Does the river get into it?
Back to top Go down
rellison8
Admin!
Admin!
rellison8

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:19 pm

Here is the map of where it is. Just on the other side of cryotech is "the ditch" Crytech is the plane de-icer plant if you know where that is.

Campground map!
Back to top Go down
Hymes Inc.
Regular Contributor!
Regular Contributor!
Hymes Inc.

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:29 pm

Well I know where its at but had no idea it was there.
Back to top Go down
Hymes Inc.
Regular Contributor!
Regular Contributor!
Hymes Inc.

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:30 pm

That looks like it will be really fun. Warren still have the inflatable hot tube :P
Back to top Go down
rellison8
Admin!
Admin!
rellison8

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:35 pm

Yes, he still has the inflatable hot tub. I wouldn't get near it though. I think he calls that thing a bath. :shock:

I am working on a google map that will show you our trails to get all the way back to there house. Its quite a maze but we never have to take a lick of road. We either have to cross under 61 bridges at Devil's Creek or we can ride up closer to there house and cross under the highway in a box style culvert that is barely big enough to fit a wheeler in. Its pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
rellison8
Admin!
Admin!
rellison8

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:47 pm

Here is a quick look at the map and wheelin trails to get over to the swamp land behind there house.

View Camping Area and wheelin trails. in a larger map
Back to top Go down
rellison8
Admin!
Admin!
rellison8

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:48 pm

Guess you will have to pull it down toward FM to see the landmarks and routes. Don't know how to change that in the link.
Back to top Go down
rellison8
Admin!
Admin!
rellison8

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:14 pm

There is also a 3 bedroom home on the property that would need someone to move into it. :D Just found that out this evening. Bonnie's mom was telling telling Warren we needed a bigger place.
Back to top Go down
Cowboy
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 7:55 am

rellison8 wrote:
There is also a 3 bedroom home on the property that would need someone to move into it. :D Just found that out this evening. Bonnie's mom was telling telling Warren we needed a bigger place.

That would be awesome Randy. But you would have my dilemma then. We have thought about moving to a newer house, but I don't think you can beat living a block from work! lol
Back to top Go down
Cowboy
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 8:01 am

Finally took the time to look at the map, that place looks pretty cool! When I was working on the subdivision in Ft Madison I would take my lunch and eat at that boat ramp. Never saw a boat or trailer there, it does look pretty shallow. I did find some driftwood there that I have sitting in my yard tho!
Back to top Go down
rellison8
Admin!
Admin!
rellison8

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 8:43 am

Cowboy wrote:
rellison8 wrote:

That would be awesome Randy. But you would have my dilemma then. We have thought about moving to a newer house, but I don't think you can beat living a block from work! lol

Yes I agree. Living so close for both of us now is very nice.

Wouldn't be a huge deal for me since I don't have to buy my gas in the company truck but it would mean more driving for Bonnie which she hates. I don't see that as really being a deal breaker though. We'll see, I am not super excited about moving to a house in the bottoms though. The place has flooded, only in 93 but obviously its been close a few other times and with the way the water is these days, prolly will be in the future too.
Back to top Go down
Cowboy
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 8:50 am

That is very true, never thought of the flooding thing. But wouldn't it be nice to be that close to the water, both the lake and the river! :party:
Back to top Go down
rellison8
Admin!
Admin!
rellison8

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 9:10 am

Cowboy wrote:
That is very true, never thought of the flooding thing. But wouldn't it be nice to be that close to the water, both the lake and the river! :party:

Well duh!!

Hard to say what will happen at this point. Gotta make everything final first cause right now he don't own the lake, the bank does. The company that owned all the ground and lake went bankrupt a while back and its still a matter of getting through all that legal crap to where it can be sold. He jumped on the property and got it bought as soon as possible and I think he said about 60 days before the lake property will be released. No reason to believe he won't get it though. Other than a stray house or two he owns everything in that bottom so whoever would want it would be one land locked mofo.

Deal's not a deal till its done though. I know it could make a great ice fishing hole though, with the building's close by and wheeler access. Plus they say guys walk north on that river from that ramp into the backwater up by rabbit island and hammer the crappies. There is deep water back in there and you know these is amazing bass fishing too. However no way to access it by boat. Other than an air boat. You have to basically cross land at one point to get into it and that's tough to do on much other than an air boat. Dude used to commercial fish it with an airboat and do awesome till they found out he was growing dope back in there too and far as I know now he in jail. lol

Far as I know all of rabbit island was seized in that raid and I don't know who would own it now. Maybe the government. He had a new house built up on stilts out on the island, we sold him the materials. It was a creepy place to drive too though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. Empty

Back to top Go down

Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Outdoor news! :: Outdoor news!-
Jump to: