Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Hey everyone! Welcome back, the site is back and your more than welcome to post something if you like. More details to come!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 79 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:06 pm
Latest topics
» Wow! What will this do to the boating world?
Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 Emptyby rellison8 Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:01 pm

» Why I like to do things myself!
Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 Emptyby Cowboy Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:58 am

» New Tires
Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 Emptyby fishrman Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:35 am

» Damage at Okoboji
Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 Emptyby rellison8 Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:25 am

» Law? Boat livewell and plug?
Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 Emptyby brittlab Tue May 27, 2014 6:27 pm

» Anybody else see the article in Iowa Game & Fish?
Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 Emptyby fishrman Mon May 19, 2014 9:39 pm

» A Handful!
Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 Emptyby Chopper Thu May 15, 2014 6:06 pm

» Weather Bug!
Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 Emptyby rellison8 Wed May 14, 2014 11:43 pm

» Into the DSLR arena!!!
Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 Emptyby rellison8 Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:17 am

» bass tournament bashing article
Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 Emptyby Todd_NE Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Sponsor Links!
BassTackleDepot.com Bass fishing lures and bass tackle.
Weather
Top posters
rellison8
Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 Vote_lcapWell, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 Voting_barWell, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Chopper
Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 Vote_lcapWell, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 Voting_barWell, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
fishrman
Cowboy
bustinbeaks
brittlab
Basshawk
hookemhard
hoserhawk
Todd_NE
Statistics
We have 27 registered users
The newest registered user is Upandinu

Our users have posted a total of 51282 messages in 4210 subjects
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.

Go down 
+7
Todd_NE
Hymes Inc.
Cowboy
Chopper
hookemhard
Darrin
rellison8
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Basshawk
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
Basshawk

Number of posts : 2438
Job/hobbies : Work at UIHC in Bioengineering as a BMET Sr, CBET
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:07 am

Looks and sounds like a sweet deal. I hope everything works out the way it is suppose to. Would be nice living that close to both a lake and the River.
Back to top Go down
rellison8
Admin!
Admin!
rellison8

Number of posts : 12143
Job/hobbies : Manage Lumberyard/ Fishin & Wheelin

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 5:54 pm

Well, sometimes you gotta remember who your dealing with!

So much for the campground lake idea. I already had it out with the family cause they are down there loading up stringers with all the fish they can catch. Bass, crappies, whatever.

I get so in tune with people that are willing to conserve to make a fishery better that I don't even realize there are people out there that don't give 2 chits about it.

Camp ground is open and it is called Duck Haven Campground. Guess they got the ok to open it and run it until they can actually get the buying of it done. Either way, I could give 2 chits less now. They called me up to tell me all this and how they had a meal of giant bass they caught out of it last night. I proceeded to start screaming at them, told them "you know bass gives you cancer" and "you'll never catch me on that lake or staying in that park as long as you don't have more respect for the species than that" and hung up.

Sooooo, next plan. Fugg Duck Haven Campground, I hope it floods and fills up with gar and carp then maybe they can catch and eat them too.

End of my rant now. happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.fishn4fun.net
Chopper
Admin!
Admin!
Chopper

Number of posts : 6549

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 5:58 pm

:bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head: :bang_head:
Back to top Go down
http://<a href="http://www.bassmaster.com&qu
Cowboy
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
Cowboy

Number of posts : 3713
Job/hobbies : Civil Engineering/Fish and Hunt Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 6:01 pm

That sucks, but is kinda funny the way you let em have it!
Back to top Go down
rellison8
Admin!
Admin!
rellison8

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 6:04 pm

Yeah, at least I found out about it right away. I have wasted no energy or time on the place. I would have been more pissed off if I would have been ready to move there and found out they were all coming down to catch supper every night.

It won't last, and when they all wonder what happened I will be the one laughing my azz off.

I got plenty of places to fish, just don't have a new one now.
Back to top Go down
fishrman
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
fishrman

Number of posts : 5312
Job/hobbies : Hunting and fishing are my primary hobbies with lots of secondary hobbies.

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 7:48 pm

Oh my gosh! :shock: I don't even know what to say! :?:
Back to top Go down
Todd_NE
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
Todd_NE

Number of posts : 1453
Job/hobbies : Healthcare Administration
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 8:08 pm

Randy,

20+ years ago I was dating my wife and found out her family rented some land that had 2 20-30 acre sandpits. They said I could fish it but no one else could except a 70 yr old nephew of the owner.

Great place. I actually skipped my Graduation from the U of Nebraska and spent a day there fishing! No one could use a boat and it was thick with trespassers but oh my the bass, crappie, bluegill and catfish.

I'd fish there occasionally and then about 15 years ago the in-laws bought it. I thought, YES, this will be awesome. I'm the only member of the family that hunts and fishes. How soon it changed. My father in law rented the property to 5 people, 2 or 3 of them good friends. I even wrote the lease. At first it was ok but I never felt comfortable because of the renters. A couple of them were really awful people. We did put in some boat ramps and anchored a few cedars. My FIL was really worried about the cedars, he wanted to let people ski and was afraid they'd impale themselves.

My friends couldn't stand the other renters and left. My brother in law moved back and the inlaws built him a huge house and he promptly fenced in one lake to be his own. My duck blinds got taken away and the renters put in a 8 man concrete pit.

For a few years my wife and I were very distant to the family. She was extremely upset about the house being built and her not being told (more to it but short version).

To make peace the family built a cabin, it's a monstrousity. Huge, 2 story, very nice. Too nice for a cabin. The renters have now started putting in campers, mowing lawns, and continue to rape and pillage the fishery and deer. They purposefully park in the ramp, take over the beaches - I've had more than one run in. Things like you go out to fish at 6 AM and a renter piles out of the camprt and goes around the lake 5 times at 40 mph then goes back in the cabin (I'm on electric - I'm not making noise). Long story short, 2 years ago was the last time I've been there. I've been there 20 times tops in the last 10 years. 2 years ago one of the aholes shot a potato 75' in front of my boat with my wife and 2 girls in in. His comment was "I wasn't trying to hit you" when I went over. For my wife I let it go but unfortunately ran into him later where I threatened to end him as a breathing meat sack. My mother in law said everyone just has to get along.

I get along fine, but not there. My mother in law has no idea I haven't been there in 2 years. She argued with me over Easter that she wants some things done at the Cabin and I told her I hadn't been there in years. She basically called me a liar and said I was there all the time. Oh well.

Hey, at least the renters are hunting where I used to hunt turkeys there now too. Blind and decoys in same exact spot.

Inlaws have 3-4k acres, probably 4-500 of river frontage. I haven't hunted any in 10 years either.

MIL is always hinting for fresh fish, fresh pheasant and so on. Bummer she doesn't get any. At my wife's 40 birthday party some guys and I had just been ice fishing and they asked my MIL if she had good fishing at her lakes. She told them she really didn't know and it didn't matter because no one in her family fished anyway. You should have seen everyone's faces, especially my wives (Grandma has pictures of my daughter holding 4 lb bass from her sandpit on her fridge too).

Did I mention I no longer help with hay, silage, harvest or anything else now either. I was putting more hours in when I helped than my brother in law, a total waste of space.

Family is something. And as you cant tell, it doesn't bother me at all. (My fav moment was when one of the renters who's a huge poacher turned in a poacher that shot a buck out from under his stand, that was funny)

Long way of telling you Randy - stay strong and on your own unless you can live with the terms. I was going to chime in early and tell you free is never free, but it's already happening. I'm very sorry.

There is humor, I was told the other day my brother in law told the renters to be careful during deer season as his house is in the middle of the shooting. Yet his wife and son were out walking the atv trails during season. I guess the guys in the stands were FROTHING pizzed when she walked by them.

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.reelwalleye.com
rellison8
Admin!
Admin!
rellison8

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:16 am

Todd_NE wrote:
Randy,

20+ years ago I was dating my wife and found out her family rented some land that had 2 20-30 acre sandpits. They said I could fish it but no one else could except a 70 yr old nephew of the owner.

Great place. I actually skipped my Graduation from the U of Nebraska and spent a day there fishing! No one could use a boat and it was thick with trespassers but oh my the bass, crappie, bluegill and catfish.

I'd fish there occasionally and then about 15 years ago the in-laws bought it. I thought, YES, this will be awesome. I'm the only member of the family that hunts and fishes. How soon it changed. My father in law rented the property to 5 people, 2 or 3 of them good friends. I even wrote the lease. At first it was ok but I never felt comfortable because of the renters. A couple of them were really awful people. We did put in some boat ramps and anchored a few cedars. My FIL was really worried about the cedars, he wanted to let people ski and was afraid they'd impale themselves.

My friends couldn't stand the other renters and left. My brother in law moved back and the inlaws built him a huge house and he promptly fenced in one lake to be his own. My duck blinds got taken away and the renters put in a 8 man concrete pit.

For a few years my wife and I were very distant to the family. She was extremely upset about the house being built and her not being told (more to it but short version).

To make peace the family built a cabin, it's a monstrousity. Huge, 2 story, very nice. Too nice for a cabin. The renters have now started putting in campers, mowing lawns, and continue to rape and pillage the fishery and deer. They purposefully park in the ramp, take over the beaches - I've had more than one run in. Things like you go out to fish at 6 AM and a renter piles out of the camprt and goes around the lake 5 times at 40 mph then goes back in the cabin (I'm on electric - I'm not making noise). Long story short, 2 years ago was the last time I've been there. I've been there 20 times tops in the last 10 years. 2 years ago one of the aholes shot a potato 75' in front of my boat with my wife and 2 girls in in. His comment was "I wasn't trying to hit you" when I went over. For my wife I let it go but unfortunately ran into him later where I threatened to end him as a breathing meat sack. My mother in law said everyone just has to get along.

I get along fine, but not there. My mother in law has no idea I haven't been there in 2 years. She argued with me over Easter that she wants some things done at the Cabin and I told her I hadn't been there in years. She basically called me a liar and said I was there all the time. Oh well.

Hey, at least the renters are hunting where I used to hunt turkeys there now too. Blind and decoys in same exact spot.

Inlaws have 3-4k acres, probably 4-500 of river frontage. I haven't hunted any in 10 years either.

MIL is always hinting for fresh fish, fresh pheasant and so on. Bummer she doesn't get any. At my wife's 40 birthday party some guys and I had just been ice fishing and they asked my MIL if she had good fishing at her lakes. She told them she really didn't know and it didn't matter because no one in her family fished anyway. You should have seen everyone's faces, especially my wives (Grandma has pictures of my daughter holding 4 lb bass from her sandpit on her fridge too).

Did I mention I no longer help with hay, silage, harvest or anything else now either. I was putting more hours in when I helped than my brother in law, a total waste of space.

Family is something. And as you cant tell, it doesn't bother me at all. (My fav moment was when one of the renters who's a huge poacher turned in a poacher that shot a buck out from under his stand, that was funny)

Long way of telling you Randy - stay strong and on your own unless you can live with the terms. I was going to chime in early and tell you free is never free, but it's already happening. I'm very sorry.

There is humor, I was told the other day my brother in law told the renters to be careful during deer season as his house is in the middle of the shooting. Yet his wife and son were out walking the atv trails during season. I guess the guys in the stands were FROTHING pizzed when she walked by them.

cheers

Great story Todd! Sucks for you and your wfe and kids that it has to be that way but it does help. I know what working for there family and friends has been like. I should have known this situation wouldn't be any different. They do everything working on the buddy system, only problem is they never for a second consider returning the favor or they think all is forgotten when you buy someone a beer. I am more the type, I don't want your dam beer and this is sooo far from over! I think my wife says I tend to hold a grudge. :twisted:

But either way, this situation isn't really to big a deal. Like I said, I was looking forward to turning it into something worth having and being able to enjoy it too. Much like your situation. But sitting there and watching people rape the land while I put effort in it would only turn out to be a major disaster for me mentally and cause me more stress, which I do not need. So I will just be uninvolved. Not really any skin off my back, I am not short of places to fish.
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Admin!
Admin!
Chopper

Number of posts : 6549

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 5:31 pm

Yeah. A lot better to find out this is happening now, then 2 years of pulling your hair out wondering why you can't get this pond going. Think how pizzed you'd be then! :burned:

So it's all for the better now, they've done screwed themselves.
Back to top Go down
http://<a href="http://www.bassmaster.com&qu
rellison8
Admin!
Admin!
rellison8

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Chopper wrote:
Yeah. A lot better to find out this is happening now, then 2 years of pulling your hair out wondering why you can't get this pond going. Think how pizzed you'd be then! :burned:

So it's all for the better now, they've done screwed themselves.

Jep, exactly!
Back to top Go down
iowabullfighter
Forum Rookie!
Forum Rookie!

Number of posts : 235
Job/hobbies : Rodeo Announcer
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 1:06 pm

Hey Randy my older brother used to live out there in the camper so i fished out there alot it is a great fishery! I have never be on the water but from the bank it was awsome. Ive probably caught 100 bass outa there in the last year. Most were 1 1/2 to 3 lbs but always made for a fun trip. Last time I was out there the new owners came out and were gonna charge me for fishing until they found out my brother lives in the trailer. I wasnt to happy with their greeting so i aint been back and im sure they have distroyed the fishery from the way they were talking and the knowledge they seemed to lack of fish! Just thought id put my 2 cents in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 2:52 pm

Had some spare time at work today so I finnally got to browse this site a bit more. I know this is an old thread, but what's the progress? Did the in-laws buy said lake and campground? If so, when's the fishn4fun lake warming party? Looks like it would be more of a party than a fishing trip, but it would allow all of us to meet up and get to know each other.

Just curious...Ken
Back to top Go down
rellison8
Admin!
Admin!
rellison8

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:01 pm

skunkboy wrote:
Had some spare time at work today so I finnally got to browse this site a bit more. I know this is an old thread, but what's the progress? Did the in-laws buy said lake and campground? If so, when's the fishn4fun lake warming party? Looks like it would be more of a party than a fishing trip, but it would allow all of us to meet up and get to know each other.

Just curious...Ken

Last I heard the lake itself was still in limbo but I see no reason it isn't just a matter of time before it will get done. The deal is done on all buildings and the campground. It is open and operating right now with a fair amount of campers the way it sounds. I have not been down to see it. As you can tell in the post I got a little torqued off about them not taking care of the fish and it kinda turned me sour on it. That is another one of the things that I should not do and should not be that way. If they want to thrash it, its there lake and they can. Prolly caused some bad feelings around home cause the wife never really felt like I would go near the place or the family gatherings because of how they treat the lake. I think they have to a point listened to what I said and seem to at least understand you can't treat it like a meat farm and either way I don't have to fish it. I just don't need to be an azz about it either.

So not everything is totally official yet but it should be coming very soon. I did find out the lake was an old sand pit and does have water supposidly to around 40' deep. That is far deeper than I would have guessed and should be able to sustain good fish populations.
Back to top Go down
brittlab
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
brittlab

Number of posts : 2819
Job/hobbies : Shift Supervisor at Cargill....... fishing, hunting, camping and spending time with my dogs, family and friends

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 6:14 pm

sounds like a good deal for your family Randy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.   Well, I guess we are going to own a campground. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Well, I guess we are going to own a campground.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Outdoor news! :: Outdoor news!-
Jump to: