Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Hey everyone! Welcome back, the site is back and your more than welcome to post something if you like. More details to come!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
    Who is online?
    In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 79 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:06 pm
    Latest topics
    » Wow! What will this do to the boating world?
    Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. Emptyby rellison8 Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:01 pm

» Why I like to do things myself!
    Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. Emptyby Cowboy Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:58 am

» New Tires
    Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. Emptyby fishrman Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:35 am

» Damage at Okoboji
    Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. Emptyby rellison8 Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:25 am

» Law? Boat livewell and plug?
    Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. Emptyby brittlab Tue May 27, 2014 6:27 pm

» Anybody else see the article in Iowa Game & Fish?
    Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. Emptyby fishrman Mon May 19, 2014 9:39 pm

» A Handful!
    Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. Emptyby Chopper Thu May 15, 2014 6:06 pm

» Weather Bug!
    Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. Emptyby rellison8 Wed May 14, 2014 11:43 pm

» Into the DSLR arena!!!
    Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. Emptyby rellison8 Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:17 am

» bass tournament bashing article
    Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. Emptyby Todd_NE Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Sponsor Links!
    BassTackleDepot.com Bass fishing lures and bass tackle.
    Weather
    Top posters
    rellison8
    Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. Vote_lcapRandy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. Voting_barRandy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. Vote_rcap 
    Chopper
    Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. Vote_lcapRandy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. Voting_barRandy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. Vote_rcap 
    fishrman
    Cowboy
    bustinbeaks
    brittlab
    Basshawk
    hookemhard
    hoserhawk
    Todd_NE
    Statistics
    We have 27 registered users
    The newest registered user is Upandinu

Our users have posted a total of 51282 messages in 4210 subjects
    May 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    CalendarCalendar

Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds.

Go down 
    +9
    hotrod
    rdkllkng
    brittlab
    Chopper
    manho
    bustinbeaks
    Cowboy
    hookemhard
    rellison8
    13 posters
    Go to page : 1, 2  Next
    AuthorMessage
    rellison8
    Admin!
    Admin!
    rellison8

Number of posts : 12143
    Job/hobbies : Manage Lumberyard/ Fishin & Wheelin
    Registration date : 2008-04-09

Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. Empty
    PostSubject: Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds.   Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:30 am

Hey all,

Well I am going to blow my own horn here for a bit.

I know you all are aware that I have been on In Your Back Yard Iowa with the picture of that giant river bass from last year.

Well, this year the producer of the show and the host Rob Welch have contacted me to be on the show with Rob for at least 1 episode, maybe 2. Depends on the river situation.

I think to start I am going to have the first show done on Sugema. That is a little safer bet than going to the river and as we have all just seen, chance for a good fish.

Then we will wait and see how the river progresses and things look with the grass and all that and we will likely do a show on Pool 19 of the river or maybe Pool 17 if things on 19 aren't looking the way I want them too.

I'll keep you all informed as this gets closer and I have a better idea of what days we will be taping the show and where.

This will defnately be different for me. Fishing with a complete stranger with a camera guy in back and another camera boat in front of you all day could be interesting. I am looking forward to it though.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.fishn4fun.net
    hookemhard
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    hookemhard

Number of posts : 2235
    Job/hobbies : Hunting and Fishing are my hobbies. In my spare time I work as a Product Manager.
    Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds.   Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:40 am

That sounds pretty cool Randy! Should have known you would hit the bigtime with all those giant Bass you been catchin' :D

Depending on what time of the year you film, Sugema could be a lot tougher than what you experienced the other day. Remember during our 9 hour challenge we did last year, I only caught 7 fish that entire day! :evil:

Hopefully the river levels will be cooperating for you though.

If you do fish Sugema on one of the days, have them tell everyone you are actually fishing on Lake Iowa or some other crap hole rof .
    Back to top Go down
    rellison8
    Admin!
    Admin!
    rellison8

PostSubject: Re: Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds.   Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:49 am

hookemhard wrote:
    That sounds pretty cool Randy! Should have known you would hit the bigtime with all those giant Bass you been catchin' :D

Depending on what time of the year you film, Sugema could be a lot tougher than what you experienced the other day. Remember during our 9 hour challenge we did last year, I only caught 7 fish that entire day! :evil:

Hopefully the river levels will be cooperating for you though.

If you do fish Sugema on one of the days, have them tell everyone you are actually fishing on Lake Iowa or some other crap hole rof .

Funny Brian, I considered that myself and how much I really wanted to tell them about Sugema. But I know for most in the state it isn't a secret and they are after all trying to highlight the good fishing we have all around the state. So taking them to a chithole just to save a spot, well, that isn't really something I am willing to do. Plus I don't wanna go out on tv and stink it up either. lol It is totally my choice as to where to fish. So I can't really think of any place better. He did a show at BVD last year so I am trying not to take him back to there. Plus his boat we would be fishing out of is all wrapped now and he really don't wanna drag that wrap down the gravel either as he said it don't hold up the best to gravel hitting it.

Oh I totally know what you mean about S. I do remember that trip was my best ever by far. So I do know how it can be. My plan is to get the S trip done soon. Very soon actually, maybe the next couple weeks. IDK if that will happen or not but that is what I am hoping.

I think you know I can stink it up on any given lake on any given day so it don't matter where you pick, the chance of the day going like Monday are slim and none and I know that. So I ain't too worried about that.
    Back to top Go down
    Cowboy
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    Cowboy

Number of posts : 3713
    Job/hobbies : Civil Engineering/Fish and Hunt Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds.   Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:52 am

hookemhard wrote:

I like that idea!! Wow, Randy is going big time! Gonna use your boat or are they bringing a bigger one? Sounds like an awful lot of people for yours! Congrats!! cheers
    Back to top Go down
    hookemhard
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    hookemhard

Job/hobbies : Hunting and Fishing are my hobbies. In my spare time I work as a Product Manager.

PostSubject: Re: Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds.   Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:59 am

I didn't mean actually taking him to a "chithole". Go ahead and fish Sugema and knock the dog snot out of them, and then have him call it some other lake! rof rof

I tell you, from what I have learned over the years, is that there is no such thing as a "secret spot". Not in Iowa anyway. Believe you/me, someone else always knows about it!

I have never seen the show, but it sounds like its pretty good. I used to watch an old John McClaughlin (sp) show that used to fish places in Iowa. It wasn't too bad. I am all for them promoting Iowa fishing and the lakes and parks in the state. Let people know what is out there. Its a good idea! :D

You will have a blast doing it! It will be alot of fun.
    Back to top Go down
    rellison8
    Admin!
    Admin!
    rellison8

PostSubject: Re: Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds.   Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:00 pm

Cowboy wrote:
    hookemhard wrote:

I like that idea!! Wow, Randy is going big time! Gonna use your boat or are they bringing a bigger one? Sounds like an awful lot of people for yours! Congrats!! cheers

Nope, not my rig. We will be fishing out of his bass boat. It is all wrapped with the IYBYI graphic design and all that so it looks good for the show. Also another reason to not worry about S. I could care less if we are hung up all day or double over his trolling motor or whatever else. I'll have him fishing in the trees. lol

Not sure what to say about the where we are fishing deal. Fact is that the show is meant to promote our state and its resources. So...... :scratch:
    Back to top Go down
    bustinbeaks
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    bustinbeaks

Number of posts : 3220
    Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds.   Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:01 pm

I was kinda wondering on that one too :scratch:

That deal yesterday on the BASS Site with Kevin Short, everyone was asking what lake he was on but he wasn't goin there!!! Even though the fishing sucked, everyone wanted to know where he was!

Kinda like the Classic this year on Monday, Beeswax Creek was a tad busy!
    Back to top Go down
    manho
    Regular Contributor!
    Regular Contributor!
    manho

Number of posts : 658
    Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds.   Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:02 pm

Take em to Lake P - ha ha ha :fishN:
    Back to top Go down
    hookemhard
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    hookemhard

PostSubject: Re: Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds.   Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:06 pm

rellison8 wrote:

Not sure what to say about the where we are fishing deal. Fact is that the show is meant to promote our state and its resources. So...... :scratch:

We're just flipping you Chit Randy! :D I am sure they aren't going to lie about where you go. Just make it look good! cheers
    Back to top Go down
    Cowboy
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds.   Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:07 pm

Better make sure to tell us what day so we can follow ya around and flip ya chit!! Nothing like a peanut gallery while yer fishing!!
    Back to top Go down
    Chopper
    Admin!
    Admin!
    Chopper

Number of posts : 6549

PostSubject: Re: Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds.   Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:11 pm

Sounds like a cool deal, should be fun.

How bout Sugema during the outing!?!?! lol

Can't wait to see how it all comes together!
    Back to top Go down
    http://<a href="http://www.bassmaster.com&qu
    brittlab
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    brittlab

Number of posts : 2819
    Job/hobbies : Shift Supervisor at Cargill....... fishing, hunting, camping and spending time with my dogs, family and friends

PostSubject: Re: Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds.   Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:15 pm

cool deal Randy. look guys he's already referring to himself in the 3rd person lol moon when it airs make sure someone records it on DVD and I'd like a copy
    Back to top Go down
    rdkllkng
    Forum Regular!
    Forum Regular!
    rdkllkng

Number of posts : 347
    Job/hobbies : CNC Programmer/ anything outdoors
    Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds.   Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:26 pm

Local boy done good!!! cheers Hope ya still have time for us little people sad :clap:

Keep up the good work! :hook1:

What not takin em to "P"?????????????????????? :bounce:
    Back to top Go down
    hotrod
    Senior Member!
    Senior Member!
    hotrod

Number of posts : 873
    Job/hobbies : I'm a teacher, but love bass fishing, panfishing, ice fishing, and writing about the outdoors.
    Registration date : 2008-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds.   Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:47 pm

that will be awesome Randy, u will FEEL the pressure when the camera gets put on you!!! it will be fun for you and a lifetime memory. ~~Don't forget the HOT ROD BAITS!!! cheers
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.fishingwithtoddreed.com
    rellison8
    Admin!
    Admin!
    rellison8

PostSubject: Re: Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds.   Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 1:13 pm

Chopper wrote:
    Sounds like a cool deal, should be fun.

How bout Sugema during the outing!?!?! lol

Can't wait to see how it all comes together!

I haven't ruled that out B. Although it sounds like he may already be taping that weekend on Viking Lake in SWIA. We'll see how that plays out.

I don't have a lot of details right now but I will have much more soon. I would like to get the lake show done. You know me, I'd rather fish wherever it is while it is still cold. I have enough confidence in knowing where the fish are and how to catch them in the cold water that it would fit me better if it was cold.

Those warm water fish are far less predictable to me. :scratch:
    Back to top Go down
    rellison8
    Admin!
    Admin!
    rellison8

PostSubject: Re: Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds.   Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 1:19 pm

hotrod wrote:
    that will be awesome Randy, u will FEEL the pressure when the camera gets put on you!!! it will be fun for you and a lifetime memory. ~~Don't forget the HOT ROD BAITS!!! cheers

I don't have any more? :shrug: :Nayh:

At least of your jig trailers. I used those blue ones you sent and they was nice, but I never ordered any more. Yet.

I'll bet if a certain hot rod baits jersey and tackle kit made its way to my house I would make sure it was on me the days of taping. :tongue: rof
    Back to top Go down
    Cowboy
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds.   Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 1:33 pm

I would like to see the Viking Lake episode, I literally grew up on that lake. My grandparents left there camper there all summer!
    Back to top Go down
    Todd_NE
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    Todd_NE

Number of posts : 1453
    Job/hobbies : Healthcare Administration
    Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds.   Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 1:38 pm

Good luck and I want to see a copy.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.reelwalleye.com
    manho
    Regular Contributor!
    Regular Contributor!
    manho

Number of posts : 658
    Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds.   Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 1:40 pm

I like the idea of following them around.

Nothing like the pressure from a Peanut Gallery heckling you too!!! with stupid
    Back to top Go down
    hotrod
    Senior Member!
    Senior Member!
    hotrod

Number of posts : 873
    Job/hobbies : I'm a teacher, but love bass fishing, panfishing, ice fishing, and writing about the outdoors.
    Registration date : 2008-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds.   Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 3:10 pm

rellison8 wrote:
    hotrod wrote:

I don't have any more? :shrug: :Nayh:

At least of your jig trailers. I used those blue ones you sent and they was nice, but I never ordered any more. Yet.

I'll bet if a certain hot rod baits jersey and tackle kit made its way to my house I would make sure it was on me the days of taping. :tongue: rof

:D hmmmmm :hook1:
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.fishingwithtoddreed.com
    fishrman
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    fishrman

Number of posts : 5312
    Job/hobbies : Hunting and fishing are my primary hobbies with lots of secondary hobbies.

PostSubject: Re: Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds.   Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 5:21 pm

Can't wait!!! :bounce:
    I would love to fish with that guy!! You will have an absolute blast!! If you need someone else to do anything while this is taking place let me know. I have talked to him a few times via email and he seems like a great guy! Kind of like you Randy! You guys will have a ton of fun together!! :bounce:
    Back to top Go down
    Basshawk
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    Basshawk

Number of posts : 2438
    Job/hobbies : Work at UIHC in Bioengineering as a BMET Sr, CBET

PostSubject: Re: Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds.   Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 5:28 pm

No pressure. it will be a piece of cake. I'm sure you will have a great time, fish or no fish. Just for God's sake don't hit anybody with that big yellow club of yours and stay in the boat! You might not want to be doing your flying fish trick either. Other than that do us proud here at F4F and bottom line have fun.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds.   Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 5:29 pm

Rob's a fun guy to fish with he'd fit right in at an outing. I wouldn't call him a stranger just strange. Wait till he starts singing to you in the boat, the last time I fished with him he kept singing the scrotum song from the Bob&Tom show.
    He's running a 21' BassCat and he'll get it right in the trees for ya. As far as getting a dvd they ususlly put all the eppisodes on the website so you should be able to see it there. If not they also put together a dvd of each entire season and offer them for sale. Oh and they should be easier to find this year because they were picked up by IPTV so it shouldn't be a problem getting the show state wide. And make sure you have some Coronas handy.
    Back to top Go down
    rellison8
    Admin!
    Admin!
    rellison8

PostSubject: Re: Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds.   Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 5:40 pm

Basshawk wrote:
    No pressure. it will be a piece of cake. I'm sure you will have a great time, fish or no fish. Just for God's sake don't hit anybody with that big yellow club of yours and stay in the boat! You might not want to be doing your flying fish trick either. Other than that do us proud here at F4F and bottom line have fun.

I'll try not to do any of that Dave. Although I am not making any promises. Chit just happens and if someone gets whacked in the head with that rod or a flying fish, it should make for some good TV. lol

bgoodn wrote:
    Rob's a fun guy to fish with he'd fit right in at an outing. I wouldn't call him a stranger just strange. Wait till he starts singing to you in the boat, the last time I fished with him he kept singing the scrotum song from the Bob&Tom show.
    He's running a 21' BassCat and he'll get it right in the trees for ya. As far as getting a dvd they ususlly put all the eppisodes on the website so you should be able to see it there. If not they also put together a dvd of each entire season and offer them for sale. Oh and they should be easier to find this year because they were picked up by IPTV so it shouldn't be a problem getting the show state wide. And make sure you have some Coronas handy.

I kinda figured that about him Brian. I have seen enough of his shows to know he reminds me of a Charlie Moore meets Mark Zona, so it should be a good time.

Far as the Corona's. I'm all over that! :alcohol:

Although I wouldn't mind getting that 21' basscat out on the open water and letting it breath a bit. I have never been in a basscat. happy
    Back to top Go down
    Darrin
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    F4F Superstar!!!!!
    Darrin

Number of posts : 1413
    Job/hobbies : Machinist
    Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds.   Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 6:13 pm

Cool deal Randy! Have fun with it man!
    Something I thought of doing after filming a few times for KCRG was to have someone with a video camera filming you getting filmed, like a behind the scene type deal. I'd be more than happy to do it if you were at all interested?

Oh, I'm thinking you need a bunch of HAWGZ baits! We all no hotrod's are cars! lol Just razzin ya Todd.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds.   Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds. Empty

Back to top Go down

Randy gonna be on tv the way it sounds.
    Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next