Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Hey everyone! Welcome back, the site is back and your more than welcome to post something if you like. More details to come!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 79 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:06 pm
Latest topics
» Wow! What will this do to the boating world?
Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi. Emptyby rellison8 Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:01 pm

» Why I like to do things myself!
Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi. Emptyby Cowboy Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:58 am

» New Tires
Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi. Emptyby fishrman Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:35 am

» Damage at Okoboji
Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi. Emptyby rellison8 Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:25 am

» Law? Boat livewell and plug?
Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi. Emptyby brittlab Tue May 27, 2014 6:27 pm

» Anybody else see the article in Iowa Game & Fish?
Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi. Emptyby fishrman Mon May 19, 2014 9:39 pm

» A Handful!
Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi. Emptyby Chopper Thu May 15, 2014 6:06 pm

» Weather Bug!
Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi. Emptyby rellison8 Wed May 14, 2014 11:43 pm

» Into the DSLR arena!!!
Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi. Emptyby rellison8 Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:17 am

» bass tournament bashing article
Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi. Emptyby Todd_NE Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Sponsor Links!
BassTackleDepot.com Bass fishing lures and bass tackle.
Weather
Top posters
rellison8
Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi. Vote_lcapSounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi. Voting_barSounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi. Vote_rcap 
Chopper
Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi. Vote_lcapSounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi. Voting_barSounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi. Vote_rcap 
fishrman
Cowboy
bustinbeaks
brittlab
Basshawk
hookemhard
hoserhawk
Todd_NE
Statistics
We have 27 registered users
The newest registered user is Upandinu

Our users have posted a total of 51282 messages in 4210 subjects
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi.

Go down 
+2
rellison8
Darrin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Darrin
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
Darrin

Number of posts : 1413
Job/hobbies : Machinist
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi. Empty
PostSubject: Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi.   Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi. EmptyThu May 24, 2012 1:32 pm

Back to top Go down
rellison8
Admin!
Admin!
rellison8

Number of posts : 12143
Job/hobbies : Manage Lumberyard/ Fishin & Wheelin
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi.   Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi. EmptyThu May 24, 2012 1:34 pm

Good catch Darrin!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fishn4fun.net
Cowboy
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
Cowboy

Number of posts : 3713
Job/hobbies : Civil Engineering/Fish and Hunt Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi.   Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi. EmptyThu May 24, 2012 2:04 pm

Boy, they aren't doing much to hide it, are they!
Back to top Go down
iowabullfighter
Forum Rookie!
Forum Rookie!

Number of posts : 235
Job/hobbies : Rodeo Announcer
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi.   Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi. EmptyThu May 24, 2012 2:07 pm

http://www.bassmaster.com/news/elite-series-mystery-lake-reveal

There were way to many slip holes. I don't understand how they could keep it such a secret when it was the biggest tournament of the year being the classic but can't keep it under lock when it's just an elite series event....
Back to top Go down
bustinbeaks
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
bustinbeaks

Number of posts : 3220
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi.   Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi. EmptyThu May 24, 2012 2:22 pm

If it weren't for the Internet, no one would know anything!
Back to top Go down
rellison8
Admin!
Admin!
rellison8

Number of posts : 12143
Job/hobbies : Manage Lumberyard/ Fishin & Wheelin

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi.   Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi. EmptyThu May 24, 2012 2:24 pm

Yep, I think Green Bay should be a good place. Love to see them trying to run them bass boats on the big water of the great lakes. Always enjoyed the Erie tournaments, brutal on equipment if you catch the wrong weather.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fishn4fun.net
iowabullfighter
Forum Rookie!
Forum Rookie!

Number of posts : 235
Job/hobbies : Rodeo Announcer
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi.   Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi. EmptyThu May 24, 2012 3:59 pm

bustinbeaks wrote:
If it weren't for the Internet, no one would know anything!

Good point!
Back to top Go down
Todd_NE
F4F Superstar!!!!!
F4F Superstar!!!!!
Todd_NE

Number of posts : 1453
Job/hobbies : Healthcare Administration
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi.   Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi. EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:21 pm

I have fished numerous tournaments on Lake Michigan near Escanaba and out of Green Bay. Back in 2004 we lost five boats out of 250 on the second day.

Back in 2008 or so at Green Bay we lost a couple. I made a run from Green Bay up to Oconto. The wind was forecasted to be 13, it ended up around 20-22 mph. For reference, the pro's consider winds of 17 MPH and above to be deadly on most of the Great Lakes. In the 7 days I fished there, we nearly had to call the Coast Guard twice because the forecast didn't match what happened on the water and we had a breakdown one day (came in on the 9.9).

I LOVE big water, but pray for those guys even if it's calm when they leave.

It's really hard to describe the amount of destruction I saw to boats out there - seat bases torn out of the floors, motors hanging on cables, bow caps on boats torn apart where trolling motors were mounted, windshields or bubbles torn off.

As to the fishing, they'll have tons of options and I'm curious what the boundaries will be. They will be able to fish all kinds of structure in the bay itself - manmade signal light islands, shorelines, marina's, huge rock reefs, weeds, river and creeks, you name it. IF they let them, I could see some contestants run all the way around the tip back to the lake side of the bay in Door County to fish. Straight north back into Michigan there are huge weed beds.

The water is often crystal clear, zebra mussels are prevalent and the bass are mostly unbothered. They are, or can be huge smallies. You'll also hear stories about accidental catches of salmon and trout up to roughly 20 lbs. The crazy fish to hook into are the 15-18lb drum.

The docks and other areas will be full of goby's too.

It definitely sets up for KVD I would think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reelwalleye.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi.   Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi. Empty

Back to top Go down

Sounds like the mystery lake will be in Green Bay Wi.
Page 1 of 1